If you are enrolled in the Health Plan D (Low Option Plan with HRA for Employees and Families), the Health Trust provides a $1,000 (per employee) Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA). The Health Trust has partnered with Alegeus who administers the HCRA.
You can be reimbursed from your HRA for qualified health care expenses, such as prescription medications or a portion of your deductible, as well as dental and vision expenses which are not covered by Plan D.
How it Works
The ASEA Health Trust’s HRA works like a personal checking account.
- First, you must be enrolled in Plan D (Low Option Plan with HRA for Employees and Families) to receive the $1,000 HRA. When you enroll, the Trust will deposit $1,000 into your HRA account.
- You pay for eligible health care services as they are incurred.
- You can manage your HRA Account on the Health Trust website or on the mobile app. You have powerful self-service capabilities on the Health Trust website HRA portal or mobile app. Check your account balance and year-to-date spending, set up notifications and alerts by email or text, submit claims and get reimbursed through direct deposit.
Website: Log in to your account on aseahealth.org, then go to Your Account, Your Claims, HRA Account and Claim Summary
Mobile app: Search for Zenith Flex in the app store for Apple and Android
Registration ID: Select employer name from the dropdown menu
Employer Name: Enter "ASEA"
Your ID: Your social security number
Claims must be received or postmarked by August 15 each year.
- You will be reimbursed directly from your account using the tax-free money deposited on your behalf.
- SIGN UP FOR DIRECT DEPOSIT – It only takes a few minutes.
To receive your reimbursements more quickly, be sure to take advantage of the HRA Direct Deposit Reimbursement feature. Reimbursements will be deposited directly into your bank account. You can sign up for HRA Direct Deposit from your Personal Dashboard in the HRA portal on aseahealth.org or in the mobile app. From your profile, change your “Reimbursement Method” to “Direct Deposit” and follow the prompts to complete your application.
- Log in to your secure account
- Select “Your Account”
- Click “Your Claims”
- Click HRA Account and Claim Summary
- Under “Sign-Up for Direct Deposit”, click “Add”
- Follow the prompts to enroll
In the mobile app:
- Click the upper left menu
- Click “My Profile”
- Click “Edit”
- Click “Reimbursement Method”
- Select “Direct Deposit”
- Follow the prompts to enroll
Be sure to validate your bank account. Within 1-2 business days, your bank account will display credits with different denominations. Once you see the credits/debits in your bank account, log in to your HRA account, click “Validate Now” and enter the amounts of the credits/debits in the same order as they appear in your bank account.
Keep in mind that if you have a Health Care Reimbursement (HCRA) account, you must use your annual HCRA amount before your HRA. If you have unused funds in your HRA at the end of the Plan Year, these funds will be rolled over to the next Plan Year. If you select a different Plan or are no longer eligible for Health Trust benefits, any unused HRA funds will be forfeited to the Health Trust.
For questions about your HRA, contact the ASEA Health Trust Administrator.
You can use your HRA for most medically necessary expenses that are not covered by any health plan. Examples include:
- Annual deductibles
- Non-PPO penalties
- Over-the-counter drugs or medications without a doctor’s prescription (except daily supplements, such as vitamins, which are only eligible if prescribed to treat a specific condition)
- Over-the-counter items in these eligible categories: bandages and wraps, birth control, menstrual supplies, braces and supports, catheters, contact lens supplies, denture adhesive, diagnostic tests and monitors, first-aid supplies, insulin and diabetes supplies, ostomy products, reading glasses, wheelchairs, walkers, canes and personal protective supplies such as face masks, hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes
- Transportation expenses to and from your health care provider
- Chiropractic, acupuncture, and alternative health care
- Prescription copays and coinsurance
- Vision exams, eyeglasses, and contacts
- And many others
For a complete list of eligible and ineligible expenses, see Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Publication 502, Medical and Dental Expenses. (NOTE: Long-term care insurance premiums are NOT an eligible expense.)
- HRA Plan Document
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Publication 502, Medical and Dental Expenses
- ASEA Health Trust Administrator
Phone: 1-866-553-8206 (toll-free)
Online: Contact Us
Mail: ASEA Health Benefits Trust, PO Box 5434, Spokane WA 99205-0434