ASEA AFSCME Local 52 Health Benefits Trust is in Alaska

Quick Links

Developed in conjunction with Joomla extensions.

Click to print page contents Click to email article You are not logged in


ASEA Health Trust Benefits

  • Enroll your spouse in Health Trust benefits. To enroll your spouse in your existing plan, submit a new Family Information Form. If you wish to change your plan selection when you enroll your spouse, submit a new Benefits Enrollment Form.
    • You must enroll within 60 days of marriage and submit a copy of your marriage certificate.
  • Review Coordination of Benefits rules, if your spouse has other coverage, to learn how the two plans work together to pay your covered expenses for participants enrolled in both plans.
  • Notify the Health Trust if you change your legal name. Submit a new Family Information Form or contact the Health Trust office.

State Of Alaska Retirement & Employee Benefits

NOTE: Trust benefits are separate from those offered through the State of Alaska Division of Retirement and Benefits.

  • Complete a new W-4 Form to withhold the correct federal income tax from your pay. Consider completing a new W-4 Form whenever your personal or financial situation changes.
  • Update your Life Insurance and Retirement Benefits beneficiaries:
  • Consider increasing your Life Insurance coverage. You may add Supplemental Optional Benefits within 30 days of a qualified change in your family status.
  • Update your mailing address, if you move.

ASEA/AFSCME Local 52 Union

  • Notify the Union if you change your mailing address or your legal name. Call the Union office at 907-277-5200 or 800-478-2732 (toll-free) to notify the Union of these changes.

ASEA Legal Services Trust

  • Prepare or update your will. ASEA Legal Services Trust pays for covered legal services for eligible GGU employees up to an annual benefit limit. You may also consult an attorney about marital issues.

Additional Resources

  • Learn how to stay strong as a couple. Tap into a wealth of resources available to you through the Health Trust’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Aetna Resources for Living. Go to, enter User ID: ASEA; Password: eap, then type “couples” in the search box to see articles, recordings, booklets and more on challenges couples face.
  • Are you getting married? This blog article from the Social Security Administration, Getting Married Soon? Give Social Security Your New Name, explains how to update your information with the Social Security Administration (so your earnings can be recorded correctly) and apply for a replacement Social Security card, if you are changing your name.

You will be logged out in 10 minutes.

Click "Keep me logged in" to remain on the secure site or "Log me out" to log out now.