ASEA AFSCME Local 52 Health Benefits Trust is in Alaska

Quick Links

Developed in conjunction with Joomla extensions.

Click to print page contents Click to email article You are not logged in

Normally, you may only change your benefit selections during Open Enrollment. However, if your family has a qualifying event at any other time of the year, you may change your benefits by contacting the ASEA Health Trust and making a new election within 60 days of the qualifying event. If you fail to change your election within 60 days of a qualifying event, you will have to wait until the next Open Enrollment to make a change.

Qualifying events include:

  • Marriage
  • Birth or adoption of a child
  • Divorce or legal separation
  • Death of a dependent
  • Dependent ceases to be eligible or gains eligibility
  • Loss, gain, or significant change in spouse’s coverage. Exception: HCRA elections may not be changed following a change in the benefits under the spouse’s coverage or the cost of that coverage
  • Declaration of an open enrollment period by the Board of Trustees
  • Changing from full-time to permanent part-time status or vice versa

If you wish to make an appeal to change a benefit election you made when you enrolled, you must submit your written appeal along with any supporting documents to the ASEA Health Trust Administrator’s office within 45 days after the first payroll deduction resulting from the Plan election. The Trustees will review your written appeal at their next regularly scheduled appeals meeting, and send a notification letter within 30 days following their decision.

You will be logged out in 10 minutes.

Click "Keep me logged in" to remain on the secure site or "Log me out" to log out now.