The Coalition Health Centers (CHCs) in Anchorage and Fairbanks have been working diligently to manage the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic while delivering the highest level of service to their patients. This has required that the CHCs make difficult decisions to preserve the health of the medical community and to reduce the spread of COVID-19. To respond proactively to the pandemic’s trending, the following actions have been taken:
- Effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020, the CHCs will not accept walk-in visits at either the Anchorage or Fairbanks locations. This will allow time for the CHC providers to provide telephonic consults.
- Effective Saturday, March 21, 2020, the CHCs in both Fairbanks and Anchorage will stop all Saturday appointments until further notice to allow CHC team members adequate time for rest, self-care and support for their families. Appointments currently scheduled will be rescheduled promptly for a weekday appointment.
- All patients experiencing flu like symptoms, upper or lower respiratory symptoms, sore throat, fever, etc., must call first to speak directly to a provider before presenting at the CHCs. The provider will assist with necessary triage or a care plan.
Anchorage CHC – 907-264-1370
Fairbanks CHC – 907-450-3300
- All telephonic visits will include follow-up calls to check on patients to adjust their care plans or triage based on improvement or progression of symptoms.
- CHC appointments will focus on physicals, annual/routine medical care, follow-up care, chronic disease management, minor in office procedures and injuries.
- Anyone with travel history to a CDC Category 3 area (www.cdc.gov/travel) in the past 14-days or known exposure to positive COVID-19 patient or someone under investigation for COVID-19 must call and cancel their appointment. The CHCs will not be able to see them in the clinic until 14-days post travel or exposure and free of any respiratory symptoms.
- The Coalition Health Centers will continue to monitor the community resources established for COVID-19 testing and utilize those when possible. This plan is being put in place to reduce exposure to our patients and to our medical team and to streamline care and testing.
We appreciate your understanding and support of these actions necessary to manage exposure to COVID-19. The Coalition Health Centers are hopeful that they will be able re-open walk-in and Saturday appointments as quickly as possible.